RSS

In Review - Insanity Day 29

Larry Filed Under: Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
Today's Workout Description: Core Cardio & Balance
Tomorrow's Workout: Core Cardio & Balance
Date of today's workout: Saturday, August 8, 2009
Duration: About 40 minutes
Type: Light Cardio

I missed my first day of recovery week yesterday because on Thursday I began feeling sick--there is that summer cold going around and I had a headache and stomach ache that just wouldn't quit on Thursday and Friday. I type this full of congestion, but I decided to do the workout anyhow.

Although my tank is completely soaked right now, if you do this workout like Shaun says and don't go too intense and overextert yourself, you'll get the right combination of burn without extreme fatigue. I know there are some of you crazies that say, "hey, I want to go full force the entire 60 days, so during recovery week, I'm gonna go all out on the workout and probably add a P90X workout, too." MISTAKE, guys.

There is a REASON why he has you doing very light cardio this week: if you've been following the workout regimen as prescribed, you've put a LOT of strain and stress on your body over the past 4 weeks, and the few days of Cardio Recovery is NOT ENOUGH for your body to properly recuperate. You risk getting sick and muscle injury/strain/damage if you overexert yourself in order to inflate your ego and do more. I know, you WANT to do more, but I advise against it. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY, guys.

Off my soap box, I got a good workout and look forward to tomorrow. I felt relaxed and accomplished after this workout and honestly look forward to tomorrow's.

Before I go today, I want to share something with you. I had a comment that I got good results, but not what people were expecting which is fine. To each his own. But I want to show you where I came from and where I am now and why I'm proud of me and my results and why I'll keep pressing forward:






Overall Insanitometer Rating: 5 out of 10

| edit post

1 Response to "In Review - Insanity Day 29"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. You have come far Larry... you should be proud!

    You don't have to explain your results... gaining recovery and cardio strength, as you mentioned in an earlier post, is reward enough. Everyone's body develops differently. Of course the former pro athlete is going to 'show' more results.

    Like Tony says in Yoga... 'Take in that you just did that.' When I first watched Insanity, I questioned if I was up to the challenge and almost shipped it back to BB. After 2 weeks, I know I can do this. Seeing that you have completed Phase II reinforces this. Thanks!

    So don't get down on yourself about 'show' results. Take in what you are able to do now and imagine how impressed the old you would be.

    I guess this hit a nerve with me. After I finished P90X, my Brother's comment was that I didn't look like the guys on TV. It bothered me, but then I realized that I can only be me and that progress is its own reward. I am much better off having taken the journey.