RSS

In Review - Insanity Day 10

Larry Filed Under: Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
Today's Workout Description: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Tomorrow's Workout: Cardio Recovery
Date of today's workout: Sunday, July 19, 2009
Duration: About 45 minutes
Type: Plyometrics & Intense Cardio

I have a few confessions--I'm scared of the IRS. Chucky, Freddy Krueger, Jason, they never frightened me all that much. But the IRS, yes indeed. And you can also add to that list cardio and plyometrics. I wonder how many of you share at least one of my fears, LOL!

After today's workout, I can almost safely say that I'd rather endure an unwelcomed visit from the IRS! Let me explain why--you all know that I'm not a cardio kinda guy. Compound that with me jumping around in a coordinated manner, and you may have just found my kryptonite.

There's something about Plyo Cardio Circuit that just won't let me enjoy it like I enjoy Pure Cardio (talk about an oxymoron, I just said that I don't generally like cardio...explain that one!). I don't know if it's because this is more repetitive than any of the other workouts so far; I seem to enjoy a variety in my workouts. That said, this workout still kicks my butt every time!

All the core work going from level one drills to ski abs to in and out abs gets me every time. I at least am screaming for one precious, fleeting break. Good news is that my self-induced break times are becoming shorter and shorter. When I began Insanity, I could almost count on taking a 10-20 second break. Now, I'm lucky if I allow myself 3-5 seconds. My cardiovascular strength is definitely improving. The Insanitometer, however, is not budging for this workout.



Insanitometer Rating: 8 out of 10.

| edit post

4 Responses to "In Review - Insanity Day 10"

  1. GrowStrong Says:
  2. Oh boy, now I'm scared!! LOL

    Just putting all the workouts in WOWY. What time of day do you do the workouts? Based on my current schedule (which may change) I will have to do them first thing in the morning - what a way to wake up, huh?? I'm a little nervous about having energy to get through them, but if I have to I'll get up early enough to eat something small.
  3. Larry Says:
  4. Generally, I work 8-4:30, so about 5:30-6 p.m., I'm normally in WOWY. This week, though, I've been off since Friday and I've been doing the workouts at about noon or 1 p.m.

    But don't be scared! It's a good time! LOL! You'll honestly see results 4 days in, I kid you not. At least that's been my experience.
  5. GrowStrong Says:
  6. Awesome. It's been a while since I worked out that early in the day. I've been looking through the program materials, and I have to say (as a personal trainer) - I'm really happy to see recovery workouts in there, rest days, and even a recovery week. It's one of the hardest concepts for me to convey to clients - yes, you do have to take it easy/-ier sometimes.
  7. Larry Says:
  8. I'm looking FORWARD to my recovery day tomorrow, honestly. I tell you this--he puts them at the right points! I definitely need it!