RSS

In Review - Insanity Day 14

Larry Filed Under: Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
Today's Workout Description: Fit Test
Tomorrow's Workout: Insanity Plyo Circuit
Date of workout: Thursday, July 23, 2009
Duration: About 30 minutes
Type: Cardio & Plyometrics

I thought I was going to get to have a rest day today (in fact, I'm posting this a day late, so this is a rest day now), but seeing as how I had to come out of town on a business trip and it was a 3.5 hour drive both ways, I knew going home I wouldn't feel like doing the workout after that trip. But I did know that I'd have the energy to do it when I got to the hotel for it, because one of my good friends lives in the city in which I had this business training.

The night started out innocently enough--my good friend, a Beachbody coach himself and just an all around genuinely nice guy--made dinner for me, which was awesome. During dinner, I told him that I was considering the fit test tonight instead of tomorrow due to the drive back, and he in all his workout fervor said, "Okay man, let's DO IT!" Since we both started Insanity on the same day at the same time, we fell right in line. We ventured back to the hotel, did a little rearranging of the room to accomodate us, popped the DVD in my laptop, and started.

Comparing our numbers from the first fit test, we're about in the same shape. We're about the same height as well, although when I tell you that this guy is a monster for working out, he truly is! (If he's reading this, dude, comment and tell 'em how it went!). He doesn't know this (well, he will after he reads this), but he's a HUGE inspiration to me in so many ways, especially in his almost blind dedication to staying fit and in shape. He motivates me so much.

So, I noticed that during this workout, although my darn shoe inserts press against where I should have a natural arch in my feet, causing me to have to stop/slow down periodically, I pushed harder and dug deeper. I don't know if it's because I had him yelling at me, "Come on, man, we can do this!" or what, but I improved drastically in most of my numbers, and speaking to him after he got home to look at his numbers, he CRUSHED this from last time as well!

Cardiovascular strength and recovery time is improving. I can't wait till September 12 to see how well and weak these numbers below appear then!

Stats & Data From the Fit Test:

1. Move: Switch Kicks
> My rep count: 120 (2 weeks ago: 120)

2. Move: Power Jacks
> My rep count: 59 (2 weeks ago: 50)

3. Move: Power Knees
> My rep count: 105 (2 weeks ago: 95)

4. Move: Power Jumps
> My rep count: 30 (2 weeks ago: 30)

5. Move: Globe Jumps
> My rep count: 10 (2 weeks ago: 9)

6. Move: Suicide Jumps
> My rep count: 16 (2 weeks ago: 12)

7. Move: Pushup Jacks
> My rep count: 37 (2 weeks ago: 31)

8. Move: Low-Plank Obliques
> My rep count: 62 (2 weeks ago: 45)

Since I didn't do the Insanitometer the first time I did the fit test, I won't do it any time I do the fit test....unless you guys demand it, then I'll put one up. I definitely have a ranking in mind if you guys are curious...

| edit post

0 Responses to "In Review - Insanity Day 14"