RSS

In Review - Insanity Day 17

Larry Filed Under: Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
Today's Workout Description: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs
Tomorrow's Workout: Cardio Recovery
Date of today's workout: Sunday, July 26, 2009
Duration: About 40 minutes
Type: Intense Cardio

I'm loving it guys!

(What? Who said that? Larry? Is that you?!) Indeed it is, and yes I said it! Let me just say that I absolutely LOVE pure cardio! It's the least repetitive of all the workouts thus far and it's one of the most challenging, in my opinion.

I've said it and I'll keep on saying it: my cardio recovery time is improving daily and I'm loving it! I'm no longer winded or having to take self-induced breaks because I can't get air, it's because I'm pushing myself so hard that my muscles are SCREAMING OUT in pain! Scream as they might, they only get a few seconds of relief from me before I go back in and hit it hard core!

Cardio abs, again, I don't feel it really until we get to the plank work. The plank work is where it is at in this workout! I'm actually thinking (and scold me if you must) of adding an ab routine every other day. My abs are, while becoming more visible and defined, are still probably my weakest area. I'm thinking of adding in some ab workouts from ChaLEAN Extreme or P90X, but I'm not sold on the thought of doing that just yet, heeding Shaun T's warning of overtraining. Notice the slight change in the Insanitometer for the Pure Cardio portion.

Insanitometer for Pure Cardio: 7.5 out of 10
Insanitometer for Cardio Abs: 6 out of 10



Overall Insanitometer Rating: 8 out of 10

| edit post

0 Responses to "In Review - Insanity Day 17"