RSS

In Review - Insanity Day 16

Larry Filed Under: Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
Today's Workout Description: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Tomorrow's Workout: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs
Date of today's workout: Saturday, July 25, 2009
Duration: About 45 minutes
Type: Plyometrics & Intense Cardio

Word of the day: FAILURE.

In today's case, it's not a negative connotation. Quite the opposite! Today, I pushed myself to a point of total muscle failure and fatigue, and I'm quite proud of that!

I'm now finding that this workout in particular is becoming increasingly less challenging each time it comes up on the rotation. I know, I know last time I talked about having an unwelcomed visit from the IRS, but today, I'd almost not take that in place of Plyo Cardio Circuit--notice I said ALMOST. I'm not nearly as winded and my heart rate is not nearly as high as it was three weeks ago during this workout. I still sit here drenched in sweat, but I like to sweat. It makes me feel like I did something during the workout.

My weakest point during this workout has been Level 1 Drills. But I can confidently say that they are no longer a problem. I took one minor break during the level one drills (I had my hands improperly aligned and my wrist started tweaking). Ski abs, however, are a whole other frontier that need conquering, although I'm hanging with Shaun much more than I ever have in the past.

I've said that I'm not a cardio guy, and I'm slowly changing my tune because I realize the only reason I did not enjoy cardio is that I didn't do it consistenly (daily). Yes, it was a regular part of P90X and ChaLEAN, but it wasn't everyday. Sure, some moves may have had a slight cardiovascular effect, but it was mostly strength training. In Insanity, I've found my cardiovascular endurance and strength have GREATLY increased, and I'm actually not minding to do any of these cardio workouts.

Notice the change in the Insanitometer!



Insanitometer Rating: 7 out of 10.

| edit post

0 Responses to "In Review - Insanity Day 16"